Accessibility statement for www.wappenham.net
This accessibility statement applies to www.wappenham.net.
This website is run by Wappenham Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call (01295) 760130
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
- We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Liz Hart, Parish Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Wappenham Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to ‘the non-compliances and exemptions’] listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all.
When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Some of the contrast ratios between foreground and background colours are not sufficient. This fails WCAG 2 AA success criterion 1.4.3. We are addressing this issue.
We have not identified issues which we believe are a disproportionate burden to fix.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are re-designing our website with a third party provider to be fully compliant.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on Wednesday 23rd September 2020. It was last reviewed on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
This website was last tested on 23rd September 2020. The test was carried out by Wappenham Parish Council.
We tested a sample of pages using a website Accessibility testing tool (Accessibility Insights for Web.) We tested pages which we felt are of most interest to our website audience